“4-day camp where young people get acquainted with water sports”
Discover the 4-day Water Adventure Camp,
where young people between the ages of 10 and 16 are introduced to water sports in a fun way.
What can you expect?
There is a lot to experience during the Water Adventure Camp. Every day the participants get at least 5 hours of sailing and/or windsurfing lessons. All kinds of cool activities are organised on and around the water. In between the activities you also have some time to do something for yourself.
- You learn windsurfing
- You learn to sail in an Optimist or Laser pico
- Sail together over the Leekstermeer with a Polyvalk
- Canoe together through De Onlanden nature reserve.
- Make campfires together
- Play crazy games
If the weather allows it, we will even spend the night on the water!
When will the WAC be organised?
During the summer weeks in July and August the camps are organised on a weekly basis:
- Week 29: Sunday 17-07 t/m 20-07-2022
- Week 30: Sunday 24-07 t/m 27-07-2022
- Week 31: Sunday 31-07 t/m 03-08-2022
- Week 32: Sunday 07-08 t/m 10-08-2022
- Week 33: Sunday 14-08 t/m 17-08-2022
- Week 34: Sunday 21-08 t/m 24-08-2022
Arrival is on Sunday from 13:00 and departure is on Wednesday at 12:00.
Experienced and enthusiastic instructors
The camp is supervised by super enthusiastic instructors. This year the team will consist of Floor, Hidde, Marijn and Lisabeth. The experienced instructors are eager to get out on the water during the summer weeks in July and August! The guides are ready for you day and night.
Accommodation and meals included
The 4-day camp includes accommodation and meals. You will spend the night in a tough safari tent with a maximum of 5 others. There are different tents for boys and girls. We take age into account as much as possible. The guides sleep in their own tents next to the participants.
Our chef takes care of the meals. We always eat together under the shelter. Besides the meals there is plenty of lemonade, water, tea and fruit. We make sure that you are well taken care of. And good news: the dishes are done by our staff. This leaves you more time to do fun things!
Good preparation is half the battle! Make sure you pack the following items (please label everything with your name):
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Sleeping bag
- Towels (preferably also a bath towel)
- Warm clothes
Due to the space available in the tents, it is advisable to bring a bag instead of a suitcase.
- Old clothes (may get dirty)
- Tight solid shoes
- Pocket money is optional (most participants receive € 10 to € 15 from home)
- Completed and printed personal data form